For anyone interested in further exploring the issue of lotus shoes footbinding, the following is a short list of more recent Chinese feminist studies of footbinding.
- Fan, H. (1997) Footbinding Feminism and Freedom: The liberation of women's bodies in Modern China (Sport in the Global Society). New york, NY: Routeledge.
- Hershatter, Gail and Zheng Wang (2008) Chinese history: A useful categeory of gender analysis. American Historical Review December 2008, pp. 1404-1421 .http://ahr.oxfordjournals.org/content/113/5/1404.full.pdf+html
- Ko, D. (2005) Cinderella's sisters: A revisionist history of footbinding. Berkely, CA: University of California Press.
- Le, H. S. (2014) Revisiting footbinding: The evolution of the body as method in Chinese history. Student Pulse 6 (10). http://www.studentpulse.com/a?id=927 (Review article).
- Wang, P. (2000) Aching for beauty: Footbinding in China. Minneapolis, MN: Univesity of Minnesota Press.