Monday, October 9, 2017

Oh, patents! Balenciaga Race Runner Sneaker

Copyright © Françoise Herrmann

The Race Runner Sneaker is brought to you by the century-old, Spanish Basque, luxury fashion and shoe design company, Balenciaga. 

The Race Runnier Sneaker is patented. The US design patent  USD737552 titled Sneaker was awarded to the Isabelle Guichot, the recently exiting Balenciaga CEO.

Just as a reminder, the difference between a US design patent and a US utility patent is the following:
“a “utility patent” protects the way an article is used and works (35 U.S.C. 101), while a "design patent" protects the way an article looks (35 U.S.C. 171)” (USPTO)

Figure 1, on file for the US patented design, is included with an image of the marketed product, called the Balenciaga Road Runner Sneaker.

Reference
Balenciaga
https://www.balenciaga.com/us

1 comment:

Isabel Fernandes said...


One of my best buddies recommended this website and I owe it to her. She helped me to find this nice website. I appreciate your nice work. Keep continuing helping others. I will refer this site to other people like my best buddy. Thanks.
Hug & blesses!
Click this post to read more.