Thursday, May 28, 2020

Terminology – Dancing on the front line (la danse en première ligne)


Copyright © Françoise Herrmann

OHSU – Oregon Health and Science University, anesthesiology resident, Dr. Jason Campbell, aka The TikTok Doc, is showing fellow co-workers how to dance on the front lines of the COVID 19 pandemic. Just a few steps to reduce the stress of long hours, and to brighten some of the darkest moments of history. Medical work is undoubtedly serious. However, at the end of the day, so is dancing, since it recharges everyone with positive energy, puts a lot of smiles on faces, and keeps everyone sane.

The dancing videos were first posted on TIKTOK, a Chinese-owned short-form video app,  popular in the US, downloadable for free. Doctors originally began using TIKTOK to counter the spread of medical misinformation (Goldberg, 2020). The gambit was to meet halfway with 1.5 billion users, 40% between the ages of 14 and 24, to spread reliable medical information on topics such as sex-ed, vaping and nutrition, hoping it would go viral. Some Doctor-generated content reached wide audiences, only it was the TikTok Doc dancing lesson videos that truly went viral, with 4 million hits plus more, within the context of the COVID 19 pandemic. The rest is history.

Dr. Campbell was even interviewed live (in a synchronistic session) with the GMA (Good Morning America) show at the beginning of April (GMA April 3; GMA April 8). Below, an AFP compilation of a few of the Dr. Campbell aka Dr. TikTok dance steps videos, including the foot greetings and chachacha clips. 


References
Goldberg, E. (Jan 31, 2020) doctors on TikTok try to go viral. NYTimes.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/health/tiktok-doctors-sex-ed.html
McLellan, S and T. Brooksbank (April 3, 2020) TikTok Doctor makes millions smile with his viral dance videos. GMA – Good Morning America Show.
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/wellness/story/tiktok-doctor-makes-millions-smile-viral-dance-videos-69937608
Pelletiere, N. (April 8) This doctor finds moments of joy amid coronavirus by dancing in 
TikTok videos. GMA – Good Morning America Show.
https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/wellness/video/doctor-finds-moments-joy-amid-coronavirus-dancing-tiktok-70037178
TikTok - Make your day

1 comment:

Spell Home said...

My husband and I separated recently. We’ve been married for six years now and it’s been an abusive relationship in all types of way. I want to figure out myself and fix my own issues so I can be a great mom and wife but I feel like is a waste of time to try to fix my marriage because it’s broken down and I’m emotionally drained and I just want to focus on my kids. And I feel it’s unfair for me to try to fix something that I’m the only one that’s putting effort into. I’m so confused. That had been my decisions until i came across an article in a blog on how Dr.Ogudugu (greatogudugu@gmail.com) helped many people to restore broken marriages/relationships. I quickly contacted him, and he told me what i should do, which i did immediately. Within 48hours my husband came back and the greatest part of it is that my husband has changed completely, he no longer abuses or insults me. Today, he has become a loving and caring husband.