Friday, June 19, 2020

Terminology - Face shields (visières de protection) (6) MIT

Copyright © Françoise Herrmann

The disposable MIT face shield is laser die-cut from a single sheet of polycarbonate plastic. It was designed, using low-cost materials, and high-precision machinery for high-velocity mass-production, to meet the critical demand for PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), within the context of the COVID 19 emergency (Gallagher, 2020).

The single-sheet, MIT face shield, design includes a protective foam strip for the forehead, and two smaller foam strips, used to secure two strop-bent elastics, on each side of the headband. The elastics are ouchless (hair-band type).

The assembly, consisting of bending and folding the polycarbonate plastic sheet, strop-bending the elastics, and securing them to the headband with foam pieces, takes less than 60 seconds. The side of the polycarbonate sheet, without a peel-off protective film, has an anti-fog coating. The MIT face shield includes forehead and chin flaps designed to provide 40% more protection than typical disposable face shields. The sides of the shield are also articulate to enable the use of non-wireless stethoscopes. 

The first, 100,000, face shields were donated to hospitals, emergency medical management facilities, and emergency care services, in Boston, MA.

Below, drawings of the flat sheet and assembled MIT face shield, extracted from the Technical specifications, together with a Youtube video demonstration, showing how the MIT face shield is folded and assembled.  

 

 

References

Gallagher, M. B. (March 31, 2020) MIT initiates mass manufacture of disposable face shields for Covid-19 response. MIT News.   http://news.mit.edu/2020/face-shield-ppe-manufacture-covid-19-0331

Learn about and obtain the MIT COVID-19 face shield.  https://project-manus.mit.edu/fs-health

MIT COVID 19 face Shield Folding Instructions and Technical Specifications.   https://project-manus.mit.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Faceshield-Instructions_v1.14b-and-Tech-SpecsEUA-1.pdf

YouTube: Folding instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydr0a7P63zY

2 comments:

Tucker Conrad said...

A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542



SIMON PATCHIN said...

I was married for 16 years to a loving mother and wife. We had 2 children together who are now 11 & 13. I reconnected with an old girlfriend from college on Facebook and we began an affair and I left my wife. The woman I had an affair with is a wonderful woman and I love her too and our kids had begun accepting the situation and my wife has kind of moved on, but not in love with the man she is seeing. I thought I fell out of love with my wife and I felt terrible about what I did to her - she is a good woman and I don't know what came over me. I decided to try and get her back and I was recommended to Lord Zakuza for help to get reunited with my wife and within 48 hours after I made contact with Lord Zakuza my wife decided to work things out with me and now we are back together with our children living as one happy family. I really don't know the words to use in appreciation of what Lord Zakuza did for me but I will say thank you sir for reuniting I and my family back. For those in trying times with their marriages or relationship can browse through his website via: lordzakuzaspells.com or WhatsApp Lord Zakuza for help or text with this number +1 740 573 9483 or you can send him an email to Lordzakuza7@gmail.com