Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Oh, papents! LifeStraw® personal water filter (3)

Copyright © Françoise Herrmann

LifeStraw® markets a high-end, stainless steel, personal water-filtering "straw". The high-end model has two caps, one on top, covering the mouthpiece, and another on the bottom, covering the filter inlet for unclean water. The ornamental design of the capped, stainless steel, high-end LifeStraw® personal water-filter is patented in the US design patent USD783773S1, titled Water purifier.

As a reminder: a utility patent protects the way an article is used and works (35 U.S.C. 101), while a design patent protects the way an article looks (35 U.S.C. 171) [MPEP Chapt. 1502.01; [R-07.2015]].

The stylish, high-end, stainless steel Lifestraw® is no less efficient at purifying water and delivering undistorted taste. The LifeStraw® Steel model delivers a patented(1), synergistic, 2-stage filtering system,  that removes:
Stage 1 (using a fiber membrane filter)
- 99.999999% (log 8) of bacteria (e.g., Escherichia coli, Vibrio cholera, and Salmonella Typhi), 
- 99.999% (log 5) of parasites (e.g., Giardia lamblia and Cryptosporidium parvum), and
- 99.999% (log 5) of microplastics
Stage 2 (using a carbon-activated filter) 
- Chlorine 
- Bad odor and taste 
- Organic chemical matter

The design patent Figure 3, showing a side view of the water purifier with caps. is included below, together with an image of the marketed, high-end, LifeStraw® Steel model. 

____________
Note
(1) Aspects of the synergistic, 2-stage water filtering invention are recited, for example, in US20100051527A1, titled Microporous filter with an antimicrobial source, and  US20100044321A1, titled Microporous filter with a low elution antimicrobial source.

References
LifeStraw®
MPEP – Chapt. 1502-01 – Distinction between design and utility patent
ht
tps://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/s1502.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Money Printing Machine is ready -

And making money online using it is as simple as 1, 2, 3!

Here is how it all works...

STEP 1. Tell the system which affiliate products the system will push
STEP 2. Add some PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (it takes JUST 2 minutes)
STEP 3. See how the system grow your list and sell your affiliate products for you!

Are you ready to start making money???

Click here to activate the system

Tucker Conrad said...

A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542