Sunday, August 29, 2021

Oh, patents! Stella McCartney® L.I.l.Y perfume bottle

 Françoise © Herrmann

The fabulous Stella McCartney® L.I.L.Y perfume bottle is patented. Assigned to Stella McCartney Ltd., the US design patent USD710207S , titled Bottle, was awarded on August 5, 2014.  Launched in 2012, L.I.L.Y  is the second Stella McCartney® fragrance.

The name of the fragrance L.I.L.Y is actually an acronym for the nickname  "Linda, I Love You" that Stella McCartney’s dad, the famous ex-Beatle singer, and musician, Paul McCartney used for her Mom, Linda McCartney. The fragrance also has delicate Lily of the Valley floral accents.

The Art Deco style bottle is made of crystal with a metal frame. The second Stella McCartney® fragrance, L.I.L.Y, was created by the Master Perfumer of the House of Louis Vuitton, Jacques Cavalier. Famous, fourth-generation perfumer, hailing from Grasse, known as the capital of perfume, in the South of France, also the designer of the first Stella McCartney® fragrance 'Stella'.

Below, the patent Figure 1, depicting a front, left side perspective of the bottle, and an image of the marketed Stella McCartney® L.I.L.Y eau de parfum.



References

Stella McCartney (website) https://www.stellamccartney.com/us/en/ 

No comments: