Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Oh, Google Doodle! Maya Angelou

Copyright © Françoise Herrmann

Today, Google Doodle celebrates Maya Angelou's 90th birthday, with one of her most famous poems "Still I rise"  The poem is read Round Robin by Maya Angelou, Alicia Keys, America Ferrara, Martina McBride, Guy Johnson, Laverne Cox and Oprah Winfrey. It is also fabulously animated and illustrated by Google Doodle.

Maya Angelou (1928-2014) was an American Civil Rights Activist, author and poet. I know why The Caged Bird Sings (1969). is her most famous book. 

Google Doodle - April 4, 2018 (Click here)
Maya Angelou: Selected bibliography
Autobiography, fiction and essays
  • Angelou, M. (1969) I know why the cage bird sings
  • Angelou, M. (1976) Singing and swingin', and gettin' merry like Christmas
  • Angelou, M. (1981) The heart of a woman
  • Angelou, M. (1991) All God's children need traveling shoes
  • Angelou, M. (1994) Wouldn't take nothing for my journey now
  • Angelou, M. (2002) A song flung up to heaven
  • Angelou, M. (2013) Mom and me and mom
  • Angelou, M. (2009) Letters to my daughter
  • Angelou, M. (1998) Even the stars look lonesome
  • Angelou, M. (2009) Gather together in my name
Poetry
  • Angelou, M. (1971) Just give me a cool drink of water 'fore I diiie
  • Angelou, M. (1975) Oh pray my wings are gonna to fit me well
  • Angelou, M. (1978) And Still I rise
  • Angelou, M. (1983) Shaker, why don't you sing
  • Angelou, M. (1990) I shall not be moved
  • Angelou, M. (1993) On the pulse of morning
  • Angelou, M. (1995) Phenomenal Woman: Four poems celebrating women
  • Angelou, M, (1997) Poems 
  • Angelou, M. (2006) Celebrations: Rituals of peace and payer
  • Angelou, M. (2010) Amazing Peace: A celebration
  • Angelou, M. (2014) His day is done: A Nelson Mandela Tribute
Cooking
  • Angelou, M. (2004) Hallelujah! The welcome table
  • Angelou, M. (2010) Great food, all day long
Children's books
  • Angelou, M., Basquiat, J.M. & S.J. Boyer  (1993) Life does not frighten me
  • Angelou, M. (1994) My painted house, my friendly chicken and me
  • Angelou, M. (2004) Maya's world: Angelina of Italy
  • Angelou, M. (2004) Maya's world: Izak of Lapland
  • Angelou, M. (2004) Maya's world: Mikale of Hawaii
  • Angelou, M. (2004) Maya's world: Renee Marie of France
References
Maya Angelou (Website)
Google Doodle - Maya Angelou

No comments: